Immersive Podcast Learning for Teachers
Who is it for?
Groups of 10-12 of your staff work together in a team-building day of immersive podcast learning, including technical training, at PodBooth Studio.
Immersion training is conducted at PodBooth Studio centrally located in Adelaide’s CBD.
Broadcast Journalist Callum MacPherson (Young Blood Media, Channel 7) and Rory Noke (PodBooth) are industry experts with extensive broadcast journalism and podcast production experience.
The Podcast Immersion Training takes four hours and can be scheduled 9am – 1pm or 1.30 – 5.30pm weekdays (subject to availability).
Participants leave with
- A team-building experience (e.g. mixed faculty professional learning as a group)
- Knowledge of podcasting as a form of new media
- New skills in professional interviewing and storying genres for learning across curriculum and broader use
- Creating & Making immersion practical (small groups producing sample podcasts)
- Confidence in use of Procast podcasting equipment (technical skills)
- New appreciation of how podcasting & vodcasting can be applied in schools
- Basic training and insights in use of Adobe Premier Pro digital editing tool
- Advice in setting up your own Podcasting Studio and more
- Access to online portal with technical training re-cap videos
On the day
Step 1 – Power of podcasting
- The facts and future of podcasting
- Breaking down the styles and genres
- How students and teachers can utilise podcasting in the classroom
Step 2 – Technical
- Equipment overview/practical demonstration
- Getting you comfortable with the technology
- Connecting remote guests
- Choosing an ideal recording space
- Best practices for optimising audio quality
Step 3 – The interview
- How to plan and prepare a podcast
- Podcast structure
- The art of the interview – pro tips from a TV journalist and host
- Creating an effective podcast intro and outro
Step 4 – Podcasting Practical
- Put your skills to the test – record your own panel style video podcast
- Podcast editing demonstration
Step 5 – Publishing and beyond
Online podcast hosting and distribution
How to publish on the major platforms
Podcast marketing and promotion
Broadcast Journalist Callum MacPherson is the founder of Young Blood Media. He’s an Australian Podcast Awards Winner and former 7NEWS Reporter.
PodBooth Founder Rory Noke is a film and industry expert with extensive broadcast and podcast production experience. He’s a former 10 News First / 7NEWS camera operator and award-winning filmmaker.
Additional options for schools
Consolidate/refresh teachers’ learning with training videos.
Tailored recommendations for setting up your school’s podcasting space.
Professional recording of student work at PodBooth.
School themed vodcasts
Podcast interviewer (journalist) who will research and interview subjects as selected by the school i.e. Old Scholars.